Drops on the Twitch platform allow you to earn rewards for video games by watching a channel. Here is all the information you need to know to fully understand how it all works and to avoid missing out on a nice bonus!
1. Important information
As a viewer, the principle is extremely simple: you just need to be connected to your Twitch account and watch a channel on which the Drops are active.
That’s it: you don’t need to write in the chat channel, follow the channel or subscribe to it. That said, it is always nice to participate in the chat activity. 😄
It is also important to remember the following:
- Drops only work through an internet browser or the Android and iOS mobile apps. Console or connected TV applications do not allow participation.
- The required viewing time is not necessarily to be done in one go. If the campaign lasts 4 hours, you can watch 2 hours one day, 1 hour another day and then another hour one last day.
- Watching multiple channels at the same time does not reduce viewing time.
- It may take some time for the reward to be available from Blizzard. This normally takes a maximum of 24 hours.
- A publisher can choose to enable Drops on a category (all channels will have access to it, if they are in that category) or only to specific channels (if they are in the right category).
2. When are Drops active?
When Drops are active on a channel, you may see a notification at the top of the chat. You can click on it to view more information.
Usually the broadcaster also indicates it in the title, so do not hesitate to take a look.
3. How to Track Drop Progress
You can follow the progress of the Drop by clicking on the notification or by clicking on your profile picture, at the top right of the site. You can also go to the Inventory page to see all the Drops.
4. Collect your reward
To collect your reward, it is necessary to link your Twitch account to your Blizzard account. This can be done via the Blizzard account management.
If you’re in chat when you’ve reached the goal, you’ll receive a notification just above the message input box.
Then click on Obtain to retrieve it.
If you haven’t seen this notification, head over to the Inventory page to retrieve it:
Click on Benefit.