The complaint for sexual assault filed by the French soprano Chloé Briot against a fellow singer has been dismissed, announced the prosecutor of Besançon, Etienne Manteaux, Tuesday, September 20. The singer had carried the #metoo movement in the field of music in 2020.
The mirror complaint filed by the respondent for “slanderous denunciations” against the singer was also dismissed, said the prosecutor during a press conference.
The baritone should “interpreting love scenes with a concern for hyperrealism, under the permanent control of the director, with a partner who, at no time, told him of her discomfort in the interpretation of these two intercourse scenes sex », notes the magistrate. Gold, “It was not demonstrated during the investigation that Mr. was aware that his acting had gradually generated such painful feelings in his partner”he explained, pointing out the absence of a “guilty intent on the part of the defendant”.
Chloé Briot filed a complaint in 2020
Mr. Manteaux also felt that “radical change [du chanteur] in the interpretation of the two scenes based on the evolution of the director’s instructions”to whom the soprano had confided her feelings, “is a pledge of its good faith”.
Soprano Chloé Briot had filed a complaint in 2020 for repeated sexual assaults by this fellow singer. According to her, the facts took place on stage, still in the presence of witnesses, in 2018 during the opera The Carrot Kingin Lille, then in 2020 at the Rennes and Nantes opera houses, during the show Floodingby Joel Pommerat.
A preliminary investigation was opened on May 15, 2020 by the Besançon prosecutor’s office, which is competent because the baritone, since converted to become a nursing assistant in an Ehpad, is domiciled within its jurisdiction. The branch of the judicial police of Besançon, that of Rennes and the Central Office for the Suppression of Violence against Persons (OCRVP) had been seized.