Rodolphe Belmer new boss of TF1

After the failure of the merger project between TF1 and M6 at the end of last week, the TF1 group announced on Friday that Rodolphe Belmer (53) would replace Gilles Pélisson as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO). He is to be initially appointed CEO at the end of October before officially becoming CEO in February 2023, following a board meeting. “I am convinced that together we will be able to meet the multiple challenges of the new media world and open up new prospects for development and growth to the TF1 group in the era digital »said the future boss of the group, quoted in a press release from TF1.

After working for Canal+ between 2003 and 2015, Rodolphe Belmer helped launch several successful programs such as The Big Newspaper of Michel Denisot and supervised the various calls for tenders for the rights of the French Football Championship alongside Bertrand Méheut, in particular during the arrival of Orange and then beIN Sports on the rights market. In the spring of 2014, when Canal+ won the three best Ligue 1 posters for 2016-2020 despite the new threat from beIN, he tweeted a few minutes before the official announcement “Four more years” (“four more years”), parodying Barack Obama during his re-election to the White House. “When I arrived as CEO at Canal in 2003, Denisot, who had run the channel before me, told me: “Rodolphe, I’m giving you good advice and it’s the only one I’ll give you: always prefer no joke to a joke.” That day, I might have done better not to do it… Everyone was furious. But me, it made me laugh”said Belmer in The Team in December 2019.

With the takeover of Canal+ by Vincent Bolloré in 2015, Rodolphe Belmer left the group… before being replaced by Maxime Saada, who had since become number 1 on Canal+.

.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.